Gallivanting today and i ran into a long ago Charity - Bernardo's.

Today, I found myself by Fulham Broadway Shopping Centre. As I was walking into the Centre, I saw two young ladies wearing branded t-shirts and fleece jackets with the Name, Bernardo's on them. That stopped me in my tracks. Long Long ago, Bernardo's was a well known name. For years I have not heard anymore about Bernardo's and I just assumed that this Charity of yesterday years, was no longer in existence. How wrong I was. The Charity is still very much in existence but now operating in a different way. I stood with the young ladies and let them educate me about the work of Bernardo's in its new form. What an eye opener. Bernardo's is still out there helping lots of people. Supporting the Homeless, Abused children, Young People, they help to put children up for Adoption and Fostering and they have lots of projects that they are involved with. I was truly impressed. These two young ladies were at the Shopping Centre to raise awareness and to seek for donations to help with all the various projects that they are supporting and helping with. What an eye opener. I stayed to listen to them and had one of them take the attached photos. Every day, is a learning school. I thought I knew a lot about Charities. Alas, I had put Bernardo's out of my mind and today, I learnt that they not only still exist, but that they are doing immense valuable work. Well done Bernardo's. 
Ciao and catch up soon.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behaving Like a Tourist in a City I Love!

GallivantingOAP@the 2019 London Marathon