Mental Health Awareness Week!

Today, my Gallivanting was to attend a Conference of The Bi-Borough Adult Social Care and Public Health Staff Conference. This Conference meant sitting down for almost 5 hours with a short break. The emphasis of the Conference was on Mental Health. This week is Mental Health Awareness Week. The Bi-Borough are The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea plus The Borough of Westminster. The Conference was attended by the CEOs of both Boroughs and senior staff of both Boroughs. It was a truly moving and emotional day. People were sharing their personal experiences about their journey with Mental Health. There were many contributors and I made sure that I participated in everything that happened during the 5 hours. It ended beautifully with a choir made up of different people that cut across many races, backgrounds and culture. The one thing binding these people together, was that they are all battling Mental Health problems and have discovered Singing as one of the many Therapies available and they have embraced it. I felt humbled and while I was tired, my back was hurting with all the long period of sitting down, I persevered and stayed right to the end. It was a very lovely and sunny day and even though I was tired, hungry and anxious to get home, I decided to walk home rather than use the Bus. It was a great decision as I found the walk relaxing, refreshing and I felt invigorated. It made me realise how blessed and lucky those of us with no Mental Health issues are.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behaving Like a Tourist in a City I Love!

GallivantingOAP@the 2019 London Marathon