At City Hall, Office of the Mayor of London. Conference on Ageing in London

I left home today early to arrive at my Conference Venue for 0930. The Conference started at 1000/

I attended a one day Conference, at City Hall, SE1, the office of the Mayor of London! The Theme of the Conference was Ageing in London. It was interesting, exciting in some ways, and it was an opportunity to criticise existing policies and services. However, it was also an opportunity to help formulate plans of action, going forward. Housing for the elderly, health care, respect, activities, introducing two generations living together, transport, social, cultural & civic participation in community activities and many other improvements. All these, aimed at making London Age Friendly! Like all such projects, the implementations will be challenging. However, that the authorities are listening and engaging with Older Londoners is a good starting point! My photos tell you about my journey to City Hall today. Ciao and catch up soon.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Behaving Like a Tourist in a City I Love!

GallivantingOAP@the 2019 London Marathon